Over 350 guests emerged at Optus Stadium on Thursday, 2nd February to attend the Skill Hire Apprentice of the Year Awards event.
The awards are focused on recognizing our rising and skilled talent, and this year we saw over 70 nominations received across 11 categories.
The winners below:
- Tony Harvey Apprentice of the Year – Andy Chien, JDF Bricklaying
- Safety Award Apprentice – Janelle McKay, Catcom Pty Ltd
- Fourth Year Apprentice of the Year – Ethan Doidge, Civmec
- Third Year Apprentice of the Year – Christopher Macculloch, Btech Electrical Services
- Second Year Apprentice of the Year – Joshua Phillips, Civmec
- First Year Apprentice of the Year – Mark Quinn, Venture Smart
- Pre-Apprentice of the Year – Aidan Cooke, True Blue Building Services
- Trainee of the Year – Isabella Peyton, Metcash
- Regional Apprentice of the Year – Cassandra Ricceli
- Nilsen Safety Award Host Employer – Exclusive Commercial Linings
- Host Employer of the Year – Mayvis Electrical
Of course, the evening would not have been possible without our sponsors, so thank you once again to Construction Training Fund, MEGT, Bluescope, Leap Consulting, Brick and Block Careers, Spartan First, ScotPac Business Finance, Estimaster and RSEA Safety.