Occupational Health Nurse
Parramatta | Permanent | Full-Time | Listed: February 26, 2019, 2:44 amApply for this job
One of our key clients is seeking some energetic and dynamic Nurses to join their team. We would love to see your application especially if you have some Occupational Health experience.
The primary function of the role will be to work with their key clients to deliver pre-employment medical assessments, health surveillance programs, functional capacity evaluations, vaccinations and associated health promotion.
We currently have a casual position available based in Parramatta.
You will be required to:
- Provide high quality medical assessment primarily for pre-employment medical assessments, including hearing (audiometry exams), spirometry (lung function assessment), vision screening, musculoskeletal examinations, functional capacity evaluations, drug and alcohol screenings and other relevant requirements.
- Provide onsite (client premises) services if and as requested e.g. medical assessments, vaccinations such as flu and hepatitis, drug screening programs.
- General health and wellness promotion, cessation of smoking, exercise and diet modification.
- Referrals where appropriate to allied health services / specialists for review e.g. GP, optometrist review, diabetic nurse educator etc
- Operate effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure an environment that encourages teamwork, personal and professional development, customer service and excellence in performance.
- Manage allocated administrative and service tasks including ensuring timeframes and schedules are adhered too, management and safe use of medical equipment, and if required, the ordering or reordering of supplies and equipment.
- Ensure at all times the highest level of customer service via optimal communication, presentation and professional expertise.
Preferred Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing.
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration.
- Current Australian drivers licence.
- Accreditations - Drug and Alcohol and Vaccinations.
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse, either in a generalist setting or specializing in Occupational Health.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting with a wide range of people.
- Ability to deliver services in a manner consistent with the requirements of the client and/or the service agreement between Jobfit and the client.
- Basic/Intermediate computer skills.
If you are interested in this position, or would like to learn more, send your resume today!
Goodluck and thank you for your application.