Mulgrave | Permanent | Full-Time | Listed: January 24, 2019, 10:51 pm
- Full-time Role
- Medium sized / South Eastern suburbs
- Salary negotiable
Based in the South East, Our Client is seeking an experienced Estimator to start ASAP. They operate in the Earthworks, basements & Retention Systems space. They have been in Operation since 2015 and are Australian Owned. In servicing the high-end civil contractor sector, their customer base ranges from Tier 1 constructors, civil & road contractors, plumbing & building contractors and builders.
The person will be working closely with the design team and managing director producing construction documentation on a wide variety of projects. They are looking to find someone with experience and to bring a proactive approach. You will need strong documentation and numerical skills, with the ability to interpret quality detailed information contained in drawings as well as the preparation of quotations and tender documentation. A background in civil estimating and take-off's would be advantageous, and you will be prepared to hit the ground running.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing and interpreting plans & specifications for custom concrete products on Civil and Urban projects
- Preparation of quotations and tender documentation
- Completing take offs, pricing and quotes for labour and materials
- Produce drawings to client's specifications
- Proactively seek new ideas and information regarding new and upcoming projects that are going to tender
The company wants to hear from professionals who:
- Are passionate about the role of estimating
- Have the skills and experience to work in an estimating capacity and possess a working knowledge of drafting.
- They are especially interested in people who can leverage their previous civil experience and contribute to projects from day one.
- You will need to be comfortable working both independently and in a fast-paced, diverse, complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
- From a technical perspective, you will be able to demonstrate experience in estimating / modelling of civil infrastructure and urban projects
The successful candidate must have:
- Attention to detail and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with all levels of our customer base
- The ability to work independently whilst being part of a team
- Excellent English verbal and comprehensive writing skills
- Intermediate MS office / Advance user of Estimate one and other tender sites
- Be highly organised and have a sense of initiative, with the ability to meet deadlines
- A positive, friendly and helpful attitude, with a willingness to 'go the extra mile'
- Permanent Australian residency
If this is the role for you...Hit 'APPLY NOW' to forward an up-to-date CV to our consultants.
To view more about this position or any other position with The Go2 People, head to www.thego2people.com.au