The GO2 People are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in a sensitive and responsible manner. We do this in accordance with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which are covered under sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
- Open and transparent management of personal information. The GO2 People take reasonable steps to implement practices, procedures and systems that ensure compliance with APPs, as outlined in this policy.
- Anonymity and pseudonymity. You have the option of dealing with The GO2 People anonymously or by using a pseudonym, unless it is impracticable for The GO2 People to deal with a person who has not identified themselves, or by law.
- Collection of solicited personal information. The GO2 People does not collect personal information (other than sensitive information) unless the information is reasonably necessary for our organisation’s functions or activities, which include recruitment, selection and employment. Your personal information is collected only from you, (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so) and only by lawful and fair means.
includes any information or opinion about you, whether true or not, and can range from the everyday (i.e. name, signature, address, bank details) to information that is more private (i.e. medical history and condition). Your personal information is collected when:
- You submit an application whether this be through our website, media advertising, in person; over the telephone during the screening process, or during an interview.
- We conduct reference checks or receive results from enquiries made with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies.
- We receive results of your medicals, competency, aptitude and psychometric assessment results.
- We receive results of your right to work status.
- We receive feedback that relates to your performance in the workplace; this can take the form of a complaint.
- We receive information about a workplace incident or accident in which you are involved.
- We receive information which relates to insurance investigation, litigation, registration a disciplinary matter, criminal matter or any inquiry which you are involved.
- You provide any additional information during the course of our dealings with you.
is a category within personal information. It includes information or opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, biometric data, health or disability. The GO2 People does not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is reasonably necessary for our business’ purposes, and will only be collected with your consent.
- Dealing with unsolicited personal information. Where The GO2 People receives unsolicited personal information, we determine whether it would have been permitted to be collected under APP3, and if so, APP5 to APP13 will apply to that information. If the information could not have been collected under APP3, and the information is not contained in a Commonwealth record, then The GO2 People destroys or de-identifies that information as soon as practicable, if lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Notification of the collection of personal information. The GO2 People takes reasonable steps to notify an individual, or otherwise ensure the individual is aware about: how to access and seek correction of personal information; the organisation’s complaints process; and whether an individual’s personal information is likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients.
- Use and disclosure of personal information. The GO2 People will use or disclose an individual’s personal information for the primary purposes that it was collected for, that is recruitment, selection and employment. This may include:
- Placement operations, whether this be into a permanent, temporary, contract or fixed term position.
- Establishing and checking your right to work with any third party, government department or body.
- Following-up with you in order to offer you work or to establish and ascertain your availability for work.
- Ours (and our client’s) identification of any training needs.
- Your performance appraisals.
- The assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects.
- Any workplace rehabilitation.
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved in.
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
- Marketing and business relationship activities as reasonably expected for the purposes of recruitment, selection and employment.
- During our internal business processes, which includes quality assurance audits, quality and service evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
Correction of personal information.
- Direct marketing. By registering or applying for a role with The GO2 People, it should be reasonably expected that your personal information will be used for direct marketing purposes in relation to employment opportunities. This may be via email, text message, or telephone. You can request not to receive direct marketing by notifying The GO2 People in person, by telephone, or emailing ‘Unsubscribe’ to email@example.com
- Cross-border disclosures. The GO2 People do not provide your personal information to overseas recipients.
- Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers. The GO2 People will not adopt, use or disclose government related identifiers (e.g. tax file number, driver license numbers) as our own way of identifying you, unless it is reasonably necessary to verify your identity for the purposes of our organisation’s functions or activities, or by law.
- Quality of personal information. The GO2 People take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete in regards to the purposes that the information is used and disclosed. For example, we may request an updated resume or seek to confirm with you any of your personal information.
- Security of personal information. The GO2 People take reasonable steps to protect your personal information held by us from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Where your personal information is no longer required by The GO2 People for any authorised purpose we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information, unless contained in a Commonwealth record, or required by law.
- Access to personal information. Where you request access to your personal information, The GO2 People will respond within a reasonable period of time, and reasonable steps will be taken to give you access in a way that meets your needs. Any specified grounds for refusal will be provided to you in writing along with the complaint mechanisms available. The GO2 People reserves the right to request a fee for giving you access to your personal information (the fee cannot be excessive), and does not apply to the making of the request.
The GO2 People take reasonable steps to correct your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant, and not misleading for the purposes for which it is held, where The GO2 People are satisfied that it needs correcting; or where you request that your personal information be corrected, The GO2 People will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time. Any reasons for refusal will be provided to you in writing along with the complaint mechanisms available. There is no fee to make the request or for correcting the personal information.