Trades Assistant - ASAP START
Tullamarine | Permanent | Full-Time | Listed: September 22, 2018, 12:53 am
- Monday - Saturday + Plenty of Overtime
- $29.08 per hour + More!
- Tullamarine location
Our Client is one of Australia's largest waste management, industrial and environmental companies. For more than 50 years they have supported Australian industry, business, government, communities and households - delivering a comprehensive range of solutions that not only offer extraordinary benefits for our customers, but for the communities for generations to come. This well-known waste management organisation has operations that span the Victorian metropolitan region.
This is a rewarding opportunity for an energetic and motivated Trades Assistant with a strong mechanical aptitude, to join the team and contribute to the support of this national company
- Assist trades level employees directly with all aspects of vehicle and/or equipment work to be undertaken on a day to day basis
- Perform all activities in full compliance with relevant legislative requirements
- Assist trades level employees in the performance of fault/maintenance diagnostic activities & complete repairs as required to ensure continuous operation of equipment and/or vehicles
- Test vehicle and equipment to ensure work has been completed correctly
- Operate small tools as required to undertake nominated tasks
- Ensure all tools and equipment used in the performance of work is safe to use & stored in a clean & correct manner
- Perform basic fabrication activities e.g. basic welding skills in accordance with blueprints or schematic drawings
- Complete all records and paperwork accurately as directed and required
The Successful Candidate:
- MUST have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Have proven experience as a mechanical Trades Assistant
- Hold a Current forklift License
- Hold a current MR License
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent Customer service skills - delivery is the key!
- Must hold a Confined space ticket and Working at heights ticket
- Must have the ability to work autonomously as part of a team
If this is the role for you...Hit 'APPLY NOW' to forward an up-to-date CV to our consultants.
To view more about this position or any other position with The Go2 People, head to www.thego2people.com.au