Machine Operator - Steel Industry
Wetherill Park | Temporary | Full-Time | Listed: October 1, 2018, 11:07 pm
Our client is a global leader within the Steel Industry who specialises in premium steel and aluminium supplies. Currently they require Machine Operators who have a knowledge of all grades of steel and have operated oxy and plasma cutting machinery, for an immediate start to assist with their rapidly growing business in one of their warehouses based in Wetherill Park.
This is an ongoing role for the right person who can demonstrate that they can work at a fast and accurate pace and someone who is willing to learn and take direction. Previous experience working within the steel industry is highly regarded.
- Operation of LASER/PLASMA/OXY/CNC cutting machinery to create high precision pieces.
- Operation of Overhead Crane/Gantry Crane within a warehouse (No tickets are required for this)
- Working with aluminium and stainless in a range of different thicknesses
- Manual handling (up to 25kgs)
- Assembly work
- General Warehousing
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Previous warehouse & distribution experience, preferably within a steel environment (not essential)
- A "can do" attitude and honest work ethic
- Available to commit to working 38 hours per week PLUS OT!
- Laser Cutting Experience
- Experience setting and programming machines advantageous
- Own PPE - Hi Vis, Long Pants & Steel Caps